|1st Block||7:50 - 9:15|
|2nd Block (O.P.)||9:21 - 10:04|
|3rd Block||10:10 - 11:35|
|4th Block||11:40 - 1:30|
|1st Lunch (Denious Hall)||11:40 - 12:06|
|2nd Lunch (Crum Hall and McCarty Hall)||12:08 - 12:34|
|3rd Lunch (Sughrue Hall and Toalson Hall)||12:36 - 1:02|
|4th Lunch (Hoover Hall and Athletics)||1:04 - 1:30|
|5th Block||1:36 - 3:01|
The philosophy of block scheduling is to study fewer subjects at a time for longer periods. This will result in more individual attention while still giving students the opportunity to enroll in many different subject areas. Dodge City High School began block scheduling with the 1995-96 school year.
1. Straight Block: Classes meet every day for ½ credit a quarter or 1 credit in a semester.
2. Split Block: Classes meet every other day for 1 credit in a year.
3. Normal Load: A normal load is an enrollment of (4) credits per semester.
4. Prerequisite: A subject that must be taken before a student is allowed to enroll in another specified subject.
5. Passing: The successful completion of any subject in which the student is enrolled. (Some have confused taking the subject with having met the requirement.)
6. Honors Classes: A 3.5 grade point average (GPA) or instructor approval is required. A weighted grading scale is used.